TechStyle has become one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in history. Five portfolio brands, JustFab, ShoeDazzle, Fabletics, Savage X Fenty and FabKids provide over 4 million VIP members with on-trend fashion at an exceptional value
In a cross-functional role, collaborated with multiple engineering teams to architect, develop and deploy new applications, new features, and enhancements to the company’s e-commerce web applications. 2 daily stand-ups and tickets on multiple Jira sprint boards.
Bento Migration Project: Complete rebuild of all business units’ front ends into responsive single page applications with React, Redux, Server-side rendering with Next.js, styled-components and prioritizing UX and ADA compliance.
- Deployed Fabletics releases weekly to staging and production for the SPA
- Responsible for the Cart on hover/tap and the SearchBar results combobox in top navigation bar in entirety for 2019 holidays launch.
- Contributed to styled components library, React-UI, node module package.
- Responsible for skip the month functionality using redux in React Packages, a mono repo of ~27 node module packages for the various business units’ react apps to install and utilize. The packages ranged from dev tools to handling next.js Server-side rendering, and API consumption. Libs hosted on private registry.
- Contributed to TypeScript and nest.js RESTful API layer to accommodate needs of migration.
- Collaborated with business units to make sure Bento Migration was covering each business unit’s requirements.
Variant Price Testing Project: a/b test on price. Generated $250k more in 1st 3 days.
- As part of a two engineer team, architected and developed 2 clean and performant TypeScript API microservices that were deployed into mesosphere DC/OS.
- Altered SQL tables to accommodate new feature.
- Enhanced the already present TypeScript and nest.js RESTful API’s that the business units use to get the user’s test group and price.
Fabletics Vue/Vuex Checkout Project: rebuilt from scratch in Vue and Vuex and consumed API responses; replaced legacy monolith ColdFusion checkout that hit the database directly. Generated $26k more in 48 hours for VIPs.
- Tech planning spike to research architecture for using apis. Wrote up basic architecture and technology in Confluence for the team to implement.
- Spearheaded building a workflow to create a SDK from swagger docs on our TypeScript and nest.js RESTful API. Worked with devops and API team to create the Jenkins workflow to build a SDK from a qa instance branch of the API with one Jenkins job.
- Created a Vuex module for error handling all API requests and retrying on timeouts and a certain set of http status codes for some endpoints.
- Created an interactive SDK testing tool that made it easy to use in a browser to test/try out various SDK operations for the team.
- Created jest unit test codebase for command line.
- Ran integration tests on SDK’s and trained other engineers on how it worked, how to run the Jenkins job, how to test SDKs and how to debug and troubleshoot errors.
- Aided in strengthening performance and lessening api calls.